Friday, December 5, 2008

Thamizhan(2002)

Dubbed into Hindi as Jeet.

I briefly considered buying this, sight unseen, simply because I was in the mood to waste money. But something told me to check for it online, so I did. It was a wise decision. Not even the late nineties look/feel of this movie could convince me to give it my undivided attention. Jumping ahead to certain parts didn't help, either. I didn't think it was bad, just not my cup of tea.

The main reason I wanted to check it out is because I was curious to see Priyanka Chopra in a south film. I'm not a fan, but I have moments when I like her, and I find her pretty, even gorgeous, at times. In this flick, however, she wasn't doing it for me. I thought she looked a bit awkward and overly made up, particularly in the "Hot Party" song. On the other hand, I was kinda diggin' her heavy pancake and colored lenses in the "Ullathai Killadhae" song. Go figure. **shrug** Anyway, from what I saw, she didn't have much of a role. She basically showed up long enough to daydream about or make goo-goo eyes at Vijay.

Speaking of whom, while he had the "plump, middle-aged" look going on, I was able to tolerate it.

Back to Priyanka: her dubbing artist sounded familar. I think she may be the same person who dubs/has dubbed for Shriya, and maybe Simran, Jyothika, Trisha, and/or Asin. I'm not sure. Just about everyone sounds the same these days.

What else? I thought Revathy looked pretty. And I liked the picturisations of the aforementioned "Hot Party" and "Ullathai Killadhae" songs. But the movie as a whole(or the few parts I watched, rather) couldn't grab my interest, so I will have to waste money on something else.

No comments: