Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tashan(2008)

'Tis the season and I feel like wasting money on shit I wouldn't normally buy, like the Tashan DVD that's currently $7 at Nehaflix. AFAIK, it got mostly negative reviews, but I rarely allow that to stop me, as I tend to like whatever the critics and/or the masses hate.

The good: Kareena Kapoor - I like 'Reena, and I'm probably one of the few people who doesn't mind her slimmer frame.

The maybe-not-so-good: Anil Kapoor - His presence killed many a desire to buy certain Madhuri Dixit movies. I don't hate him, I just wish he hadn't been in every other release during the late eighties and early nineties. I found him tolerable in Salaam-E-Ishq, but I dunno if I'll be able to put up with him in Tashan.

Akshay Kumar - Something about him turns me off. I get a "tries TOO hard to be funny/charming/likeable/etc" vibe from him.

Saif Ali Khan - I haven't watched any of his movies, so I can't say whether or not he bugs. I do think he and Kareena make a better-looking couple, though. I always thought Kareena and Shahid looked mismatched.

The verdict: I don't know. I should probably watch it online first.

No comments: