Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dum(2003)

The scene where Rakshita attempts suicide by slashing her wrist immediately brought to mind the saying, "Remember kids, it's down the road, not across the street." (Emphasis mine.) I just thought I'd mention that, 'cause I'm a sick fuck. Anyway...

I obsessively watched and rewatched this movie last week. I don't know why. I guess I was just in the mood for mindless-yet-still-entertaining-to-me fare. **shrug** I often get this movie confused with Kuthu because the plots are similar, and the heroines in both films are Kannadithis.

I believe this was the third Simbu movie I ordered after discovering him in Vallavan. I like it mainly because the character he plays reminds me of some of the guys I had crushes on in high school. I don't recall any of them having pocket knives, but I'm sure they carried concealed weapons of some sort. **chuckle**

Rakshita was also the heroine in the Kannada and Telugu versions of this film(Appu and Idiot, respectively). I thought she looked really beautiful and sexy, but there were times when I wanted to scrape the pancake off her face. And while I don't mind a woman having meat on her bones, I felt she was a little too fleshy for some of the outfits she wore.

I find Ashish Vidyarthi hot in a FILF kind of way. However, he's becoming the new Prakash Raj in the sense that he seems to pop up in nearly every movie I own or have watched online.

No comments: