Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Short takes.

Or, "When I Can't Think of Enough Words to Type a Full-Fledged Entry".

Zeher(2005) - I think I'm the only person who doesn't hate this movie. I honestly liked it more than its Hollywood "inspiration", Out of Time.

Kadal Azhivathillai(2002) - Prakash Raj strikes again, this time as Simbu's overly paranoid father. However, last night, as I watched him in Pokiri, I felt something approaching warm fuzzies, probably because it's been a while since I've watched a movie that he's in.

Yogi(2007) - I prefer the Kannada original. Also, I like Prabhas better in stills than on film. When I see him in pics, I'm like, "Mmmmm...", but when I see him in action, I'm less than impressed.

Dishyum(2006) I like this movie but I don't love it. I'm not sure why.

Takkari(2007) - Nitin doesn't do anything for me. The Tamil original, Thiruvilayadal Aarambam, wasn't exactly a masterpiece, but I prefer the pairing of Dhanush and Shriya Saran to Nitin and Sada(who I thought looked sexy, although a tad sleazy(nothing wrong with that) in a couple of songs).

Black Cat(2007) - I could've done without the shots of a bare-chested Suresh Gopi, but overall, I was able to cope. Meena looked a tad aged, but still pretty. (Which reminds me, I need to inquire about that Dreams DVD that doesn't look like it will ever be in stock again.)

Naan Adimai Illai(1986) - This is the movie that solidified my love for the 'Devi. A couple of my favorite lines are "I am going-talking, you are going, going, going!", and "This is a decent home and not a bar!"

No comments: