Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dhaam Dhoom(2008)

I've viewed bits and pieces of this since receiving it a few days ago. I'm watching it again, this time from the beginning. These are just my first impressions based on what I've seen so far:

Jayam Ravi looks too much like a regular guy to pull off the lip-syncing, choreographed dancing thing. (I'm referring to the "Pudhu Pudhu Vazhi" song as I type this.)

I can't quite wrap my mind around Kangana Ranaut as a village belle. She looks nice, but I think I prefer the boozed-up and drugged-out characters she played in Gangster and Fashion, respectively.

Because I like repeating myself: Jayam Ravi looks too much like a regular guy to pull off the lip-syncing, choreographed dancing thing. (This time, it's the "Dhikku Dhikkuennu Manasu" song.)

Lakshmi Rai looks gorgeous. Her face has a bird-like quality that I find appealing.

I remember Jayaram from Panchathanthiram, Manassinakkare, and most recently, Aegan.

The shots of Russia are beautiful.

I think this movie, like so many others, is going to take a while to grow on me.

No comments: