Friday, November 7, 2008

Sivamani 98480 22338(2003)

I was going to give Majaa another chance, but chose to watch this instead after I discovered that both Asin and Rakshita were in it.

The premise of this flick appears to have been lifted from the 1999 Hollywood movie Message in a Bottle. I had a feeling of déjà vu during the scene where Rakshita is jogging on the beach and finds a bottle containing a letter written by Nagarjuna, whom she later tracks down and falls in love with.

Nagarjuna didn't have his jolie-laide in this movie either, but he did look good in a police uniform.

Does Prakash Raj ever take a break? For shits and giggles I peeped his filmography, and since the early 90s, he's acted in at least 100 movies, including this one, and has several more in the pipeline.

Rakshita is so sensuous-looking. I've had a crush on her since Dum. Minus her glamour, this movie would've been considerably less watchable.

Asin looked young and innocent. I found her particularly alluring in the scenes where she sported minimal makeup and tousled hair.

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I felt there was more chemistry between Asin and Rakshita than either of them had with Nagarjuna. They also made a hotter-looking couple.

The "Yenaatiki" song looks like it was filmed at the same location as Rakhee's "Zara Zara".

I might get this movie. It's not great, but I feel that Rakshita and Asin have enough screen time to justify purchasing it.

No comments: