Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bhale Dongalu(2008)

Telugu remake of the Hindi movie Bunty Aur Babli. Aside from the "Kajara Re" video, I haven't seen the original, nor do I plan to.

I couldn't stand Tarun in Enakku 20 Unakku 18. Not even the presence of Trisha Krishnan and Shriya Saran could ease the pain of having to watch him. I remember thinking that a piece of cardboard had more charisma and screen presence than he did. But in Bhale Dongalu, I found him suprisingly bearable--well, when he shared the screen with Ileana, that is. On his own, he was still kinda annoying. He's just not leading man material, IMO. He's better suited to "best friend of the hero"-type roles.

Ileana was her usual lithe and lovely self. Generally speaking, I think she has a mesmerizing screen presence, and I love her occasionally over-the-top facial expressions and gestures. She looked especially good in the shots of her wearing a leather top and skirt in the "Romeo Juliet" song. (I wasn't feeling the boots, though. Heels, while less comfortable, would've been a better choice.)

I liked Charmi's item song, "Ee Malle Mogga". While I think she and Aishwarya looked equally spicy in their respective numbers, I give the nod to Charmi simply because I prefer her over Aish :-P

I wish the picture quality had been better. I felt like I was watching one of those cheap DVDs. (Probably because I was watching "one of those cheap DVDs", even though it cost $12. I should've waited for a bigger price reduction.)

Again, I haven't watched Bunty Aur Babli, so I don't know how Bhale Dongalu compares, but overall, I think it's a decent flick(mainly because of my crush on Ileana ;)).

No comments: