Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Aaja Nachle(2007)

Less than twenty minutes into this movie, I found myself agreeing with Filmfare writer Jitesh Pillaai: "Aaja Nachle didn't work because they took the queen of hearts and didn't have any romance for her. They took the biggest chartbuster called Madhuri and then came up with an inspid musical score. They took the dancing queen and gave her awfully choreographed sequences..."

I'm a Sridevi stan, but I think Madhuri is lovely and a wonderful dancer, and I was curious to see how she fared in her comeback vehicle. But aside from the opening shots of Madz in a New York dance studio, I was unable to appreciate the antiquated feel of this flick. Normally, I'm a sucker for just about anything that looks and/or sounds like a throwback to the eighties, but Aaja Nachle is too outdated for even me.

Pity, since I seriously considered buying this. I guess I'll spend my money on Classmates instead.

No comments: