Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pokiri(2006)

The DVD is playing as I type this. I watched parts of the Tamil remake with Vijay and Asin a while back. From what I remember, it was alright, but I like the Telugu version better, mainly because I prefer the Mahesh-Ileana pairing to the Vijay-Asin one :)

ETA: I really like this movie. I can't believe I put off buying it for so long. The more I watch it, the less inclined I am to give the Tamil version another look-see. Vijay and Asin pale in comparison to Mahesh and Ileana. I like the former two, but not as a jodi, and I doubt Vijay looks as good in a uniform as Mahesh.

ETA 01/22/10: No one does the slo-mo run quite like Mahesh. Vijay couldn't even come close. Now, I have the Tamil version, and have watched it a couple of times, and it's not bad, it would be a lot better without Vadivelu, and the Asin-Vijay pairing isn't quite as awkward as I initially thought, but for whatever reason(s), I can take them better as a pair in Sivakasi.

No comments: