Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kabul Express(2006)

"Oh! I didn't realize we had a choice here! Let's see...kabobs for breakfast, kabobs for lunch and, mmmmmm, kabobs for dinner. And oh, if you want a snack, kabobs again!"

Linda Arsenio's laughably bad delivery of those lines ranks right up there with Elizabeth Berkley angrily flinging her french fries and shrieking, "Different places!" in Showgirls. I'm so glad Linda was the only gori willing to go to Afghanistan. Her nonexistent thespian skills were a never-ending source of amusement for me. Had a more talented actress been cast, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the movie as much.

Her looks were an added bonus. She and John Abraham provided nice eye candy. I paid more attention to them than I did to the movie. Shallow, I know, but I'm usually not inclined to watch a so-called "serious" film unless there are good-looking actors involved. That way, if I get bored trying to follow the plot, I can shift my attention to the pretty faces on my TV screen.

1 comment:

MinaiMinai said...

OMG this is so funny- I just watched Showgirls recently AND I'm putting together a post on cringe-worthy white girls in songs of which most include Linda Arsenio. I came across your post in my search for more. Too funny! :D