Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mourya(2004)

Dubbed Telugu version of Sullan, a Tamil movie starring Dhanush and Sindhu Tolani. I'm not a fan of dubs, but it was only $2.99, and I didn't want to spend $20 on the Tamil version without having any idea whether or not I'd like it.

I watched it last night and I do like it--or rather, I like Sindhu's glamourous appearance, particularly in the songs, and for that reason alone, I want to buy the Tamil DVD. (I also want the better picture quality, because the Telugu print has a greenish tint that I find distracting.) Her presence made the movie watchable enough for repeat viewings. I like Dhanush, but had some random actress been cast as his heroine, I probably would've added this title to my "never to be watched again" pile.

I found Sindhu so appealing, in fact, that I think I may consider getting Athanokkade.

No comments: