Thursday, October 16, 2008

Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule(2007)

Yaaradi Nee Mohini is the remake of this Telugu movie.

Normally, I prefer the original version of a remade film, but for purely shallow reasons, I'll declare Yaaradi Nee Mohini the winner, solely because there wasn't an obvious age gap between Dhanush and Nayantara. With Venky and Trisha, I just couldn't shake the feeling that A) he was too old for the part and B) he looked like her dad as opposed to a love interest. Generally speaking, I don't like it when 40+ heroes are paired with much younger heroines. I think it looks creepy.

That's not to say that Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule was a total waste, however. About fifty minutes in, I managed to put aside my ageism and focus on the movie, which I thought was quite good. But as with Yaaradi Nee Mohini, I could've done without the farting scenes and the "Oh Baby!" item number. Length-wise, it didn't feel as long as YNM, but that could be because it was broken up into three parts. (Aside: the audio was out-of-sync in the second part, which drove me batty. It's very distracting when the actors' lip movements don't match the spoken dialogue.)

I didn't watch the last half-hour(beddie-bye time), but I doubt it ended differently than Yaaradi Nee Mohini.

BTW, the scene that stood out the most to me was the one where Trisha gets drunk in a bar. She's allegedly a boozehound in real life, so I found it funny to watch her gulp down those glasses of what appeared to be regular orange juice as if they were actual alcoholic drinks.

Another BTW: Trisha and Meghna Naidu looked hot in the "Cheli Chamaku" song.

This movie has been remade again in Kannada as Anthu Inthu Preethi Banthu with Divya and Aditya Babu.

No comments: