Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Boeing Boeing(1985)

I'm giving it a quick look-see online as I type this.

Garam Masala is the Hindi remake of this film. I briefly considered buying it a while back, just for John Abraham('cause he's easy on the eyes) and Daisy Bopanna(ditto), but I'm not an Akshay Kumar fan, so...

Back to the Malayalam version: Mohanlal looks so cute! Right now, I have a ridiculous fondness(for lack of a better term) for the scene where Mohanlal, with only a towel wrapped around his waist, attempts to prepare chicken masala and manipulates the raw chicken according to the instructions he hears on a TV exercise program.

Oh, and there's Mohanlal again, this time by candlelight and making "fuck me" eyes at an actress whose name I do not know.

He looks like such an adorable teddy bear that I want to check out more of his early-to-mid 80s flicks. Unfortunately, this one isn't available from anytamil. I guess the VCD is sold only in India, which is a shame because this appears to be worth buying.

Or maybe not, because I'm totally not feeling the outfit Mohanlal is wearing in this song sequence. I want to say it's "cowboy inspired" because of the hat(with a peacock feather!) and the vest, and then there's the neck scarf and shades, and all of it at once is too much for my eyes to handle. The song is nice, though.

At least I can watch it online and decide if it's something I might want to buy in the future, if/when it becomes available for sale in the U.S.

No comments: