Thursday, October 2, 2008

Azhagiya Tamil Magan(2007)

IIRC, I bought this 2-in-1 DVD because the plot sounded interesting. Also, Pokiri was the second feature on the disc and I figured I'd save about four bucks by not buying it separately.

I checked my order history at bhavanidvd.com and I see that I ordered this movie back in January. Today is the second time that I'm attempting to watch it because the first time, I think I gave up after a half-hour or so. So far, all I can think to type is "Vijay looks cute", but--oh, Shriya looks amazing in blue!

Where was I? Yeah, it's been on for about twenty minutes and aside from Shriya's intro, nothing really jumps out at me. I think I'm gonna have to shut off my brain for this one. I'll try to watch it tonight, or at least have it playing while I'm drifting off to sleep. (I like to do that with all of my movies. I don't know why. It's just a habit I started a few years ago.)

ETA: I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, this could be one of those "awesomely bad" flicks, the kind that I watch whenever I'm in a bad mood and need something to take my mind off the crappiness of my day/life/job/whatever.

"Bad" Vijay(or rather, "Prasad") is so over-the-top that I can't help but have a soft corner for him. Watching Vijay attempting to portray a negative character is so endearing. He tries too hard and it shows, and that's why I love it.

I'm tempted to buy the Ayngaran DVD just for the better picture quality, but I don't know if I like the movie that much. However, knowing me, I'll probably end up doing that.

ETA2: Yeah, this is definitely "watchably bad". I forsee an Ayngaran version in my near future.

ETA3: In a few days, the Ayngaran version should arrive in my mailbox. I finally decided that a movie this awesomely bad deserved to be viewed with much better picture quality. This would be the perfect bad movie if SPOILER ALERT!!!!
|
|
|
Shriya and the two Vijays had died in the end. I didn't like Shriya getting saved. I didn't like bad Vijay turning a new leaf. I didn't like both of the Vijays riding off into the sunset with their respective girlfriends. In short, I didn't like the forced happy ending. Boo! **gives a thumbs down**

No comments: