Friday, October 17, 2008

Ab Ke Baras(2002)

To buy or not to buy? That is the question.

The first forty minutes or so were pretty good, despite some minor bumps. But from what I've peeped of the second half, it looked and felt like a totally different movie. Because of that, I don't know if I would have the DVD in constant rotation in my player. Maybe I should get the CD instead(the songs are good, especially "Hoga Hoga" and "Mujhe Raab Se Pyaar").

Other thoughts:

Arya Babbar is cute. But for some reason, I picture him as more of a south hero. I was suprised to learn that he's Raj Babbar's son. I guess I should've known from the last name.

The scene where Amrita hides in the trunk of a car that gets stolen by Arya reminded me of a similar scene in the Alicia Silverstone film, Excess Baggage.

Maybe I will check out Athidi, Amrita's Telugu flick with Mahesh Babu.

ETA: I ordered the movie AND the soundtrack. I just couldn't resist the infectious charms of "Hoga Hoga", and I decided that I'd rather watch Ab Ke Baras than Amrita's other Hindi films. **sigh** I wish I had bought it during the $5 sale at Nehaflix, though. Oh, well. Live and learn.

No comments: