Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chess(2006)

I bought this along with Billa. It was only $7.99 and the plot sounded interesting so I thought, "What the hell. I'll get it."

It was utterly predictable and lacking in edge-of-your-seat suspense, thanks to the "tell, don't show" style of narration, but I managed to enjoy it, anyway, mainly because I found Dileep strangely appealing. There was just something about him that made me go "Hmmmm...." Which is weird because, about a month ago, when I watched parts of Vinodayathra, I thought he looked dorky and too old for the character he was playing. But now, I want to try to rewatch it to see if I have a change of heart.

Bhavana, the heroine, was cute, and I liked her in the few scenes she was in. I will have to check out more of her movies.

The "Chandham" song is really beautiful, and the way it's picturised brings to mind certain scenes from Salangai Oli.

I just remembered that a while back, I watched another one of Dileep's movies, Kochi Rajavu. I saw only the first hour or so, but IIRC, it was a not-bad viewing experience. I think I'll give it another look-see and if I like it enough, I might consider buying it.

No comments: