Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sadma(1983)

I don't like this movie. I began to hate it even more after I read interviews with Bollywood starlets in which they claimed that the type of role they most wanted to do was Sridevi's in Sadma. This is the kind of film that begs to be parodied, especially the last scene. Most people cried, it seems, but I laughed because I have no soul. Until now, I never admitted my true feelings about Sadma because I felt it was somewhat sacrilegious to suggest that it's not one of the greatest Bollywood movies ever. I love Sridevi, but this flick bugs.

However, I must confess that I do like this song, and the one picturized on Kamal Hassan and Silk Smitha because it has a Solid Gold feel to it. But otherwise, nope, this movie's not one of my faves. I wish I hadn't bought it.

No comments: