Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paramasivan(2006)

I meant to post about this a while back, but I got sidetracked. Anyway, it's not great but, aside from the unnecessary item number and Vivek's comedy, it's not a bad viewing experience. In fact, I found it to be compulsively watchable. It's a remake of Kartoos, which I have no intention of seeing, so I don't know which version is "better". **shrug**

For me, the best part of the film was Laila. She was a bit OTT with the naive chatterbox act, but still lovably choote. "I come. He come. Same flight" and "You only advise. You no try!" are my favorite lines. I seriously wish I could somehow work them into everyday conversation. **ahem**

Although Paramasivan and Tirupathi were filmed around the same time(I think), I didn't find Ajith to be quite as scarily skinny here as I did in Tirupathi. For the most part, I thought his slimmed-down frame looked good, but during the songs, there were a few times where I was tempted to hand him a sandwich.

I was going to type, "The ending left me kinda cold", but the more I think about it, the more I'm like, "Eh. It was alright. How else could it have ended?" (Well, I can think of other ways, but none of them are necessarily better, so...)

A few caps of the "Oru Kili Kaadhalil" song. No real reason, I just like these particular shots:








2 comments:

Nicki said...

Interesting caps!! I've only seen Laila in the two Surya films. What do you think of her?

lapetitediva said...

I really like her for some inexplicable reason. Even when she was all downy-faced and annoyingly passive in Unnai Ninaithu, I liked her. I think she's unconventionally pretty, and while she can overdo it with the "I'm so CHOOTE!" act, her bubbly act reminds me so much of Jyothika that I'm willing to overlook it.

I have two more of her movies, Rojavanam and Kanda Naal Mudhal that I intend to watch sometime this century.