Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kireedam(2007)

I went ahead and bought the DVD in spite of being less-than-impressed with what little I watched online. Jumping ahead to the 44 minute mark helped, because I actually got into the story and liked it, in spite of the annoying Vivek and the modified ending. I think the Sruthilayam version has the original sad climax, which makes me kinda wish I had ordered that one instead.

Ajith looks absolutely bew-TEE-full this movie. A tad aged, but still very pleasing to my eyes. Acting-wise, he was not-bad, but to be honest, I was more moved by his appearance than by his performance. **sheepish grin**

Strangely, I found Trisha rather unremarkable. Normally, I think she's the cutest and/or the best thing in/about whatever movie she's in, but here, she didn't really do anything for me. She looked nice, but at the same time, she was just kinda there. Like, they could've replaced her with a cardboard cutout and I probably wouldn't have noticed. **shrug**

I should watch the original Malayalam version with Mohanlal and see how it compares.

ETA 01/22/10: Although I've watched only the first half, I can say with utmost certainty that the original is far better than the remake.

No comments: