Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Raasi(1997)

The original Wiki entry claimed that this movie ran for only 12 days. The number was later changed to 22. Now it simply states, "The film grossed $536,100". I wasn't at any of the theatres on the day this opened, but I'm inclined to believe the "it ran for 12 days" version. I can't imagine this running long enough to gross $100, let alone $536,100.

Having said that, I liked the movie--or rather, I liked the chemistry between Ajith and Rambha. Had Ajith been paired with a heroine I didn't particularly care for(e.g. Kadhal Mannan), it would've been even more of a struggle to sit through this. It's not a bad movie--well, it is, but it's watchably bad(for me, anyhow) and again, it's due to the Ajith-Rambha combo.

My man Prakash Raj looked like a throwback to the sixties with that unflattering wig. I don't know if it was supposed to make him appear younger or let the audience know that he was the bad guy. I should've made a cap or two. Speaking of which...

A few caps of three of the songs(which are good, btw. I especially like "Yenadi Yenadi" and "Kadhalin Desam"). I may add more caps later, if I remember.

Aside: I remembered. This post is quite image-heavy. Not for the impatient or those on dial-up.

"Thendral Thendral":







When I made this cap, I immediately thought
of the Sadma LP cover



I wish I were this flexible. Seriously.









"Yenadi Yenadi":










I love ya, Ajit, but I wish I could've
handed you a bottle of Proactiv®


"Kadhalin Desam":
















YouTube links to the other songs: "Ennai Thaedatho" "Ennachchu" "Poo Maalai"

ETA: Prakash Raj's wig:





Rambha going in for the...kiss?







Darn! Missed!


Not to be deterred:







More smoochy...forehead:






No comments: