Friday, May 22, 2009

Aval Varuvaala(1998)

In spite of my laziness**, I'm tempted to order the VCD simply because of the "Selaiyilla" song. I'm partial to 2:11 - 2:32 because Simran looks like a dream in white, and Ajith's efforts to get a kiss from her brings to mind Kamal Hassan. And the "sourced from VHS" quality makes me long for that old-fashioned feeling of popping a tape into the VCR and having to rewind or fast-forward to my favorite scenes. Plus, this movie sounds like something I'd enjoy watching, particularly since it's female-oriented. Also, I "need" more films for the Ajith Kumar fest I've been having lately. But, I'm afraid if I buy it, it'll get released on DVD a few months later. (**waves to Aishwarya, Ganda Hendathi, and Sathyavan Savithri**)


**VCDs are delivered via air mail from India, and 98% of the time, the mail carrier comes when I'm not at home, so I have to make a 20 minute trek down to the post office to sign for them. If I lived across the street from the post office, I wouldn't mind, but I'm lazy, so...

No comments: