Thursday, May 21, 2009

Anandha Poongatrae(1998)

Meena's beauty, Ajith's presence, and Malavika's playful striptease are pretty much the only reasons I've re-watched the first and last halves of this film. I always skip the flashback sequence with Karthik because...well, I'm not just interested in him. But one day I will watch it, because I've probably missed an important part of the plot, although I correctly guessed straightaway that in spite of her initial reservations, Meena would accept Ajith's love in the end.

Screencaps, 'cuz I'm addicted:


Meena SO PRETTY!


I always think of the scene in Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu where Sridevi prepares a feast for Kamal and his roommates whenever I look at these caps:






Meena in the "Semmeena Vinmeena" song, the movie's only memorable tune, IMO:





I think Malavika sorta resembles Rimi Sen and another actress whose name I can't think of at the moment:



Stripping her way through college(no, not really):










I like this shot of Ajith lighting up:



One last look at the pretty:

No comments: