Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mogudu - Pellam O Dongodu(2005)

I never thought there would come a day when I would get tired of looking at Shriya Saran, but thanks to Mogudu - Pellam O Dongodu, that day has finally arrived. I guess even shallow folks like myself need more than a beautiful face to hold their attention for an extended period of time. I should've tried to watch it online first, but I was lured by the $4.99 price tag and the stills of Shriya looking absolutely fetching. **sigh** Oh, well. Maybe this will turn out to be another Satyam and I'll learn to like it in spite of my initial buyer's remorse.

The story centers around a couple's first night. The majority of the action(no, not that kind) takes place in the bedroom. The groom(Raja) is rarin' to go, but the bride(Shriya) wants their union to take place at an auspicious time, which is two hours away. While they're waiting for the clock to strike midnight, a thief(Brahmanandam)sneaks into the room and, as I type this, he's STILL hiding underneath the bed. It's been over an hour and he hasn't done anything except provide so-called comic relief. Oh, wait. Shriya and Raja have FINALLY discovered him. And in the blink of an eye, he's gone, just like that. Talk about a wasted character.

Shriya's sexy looks in the "Vayyari Bhamaa" song almost make up for the pain of sitting through this. I didn't really pay attention to the other songs because I was bored out of my mind. I was tempted to hit the fast-forward button many times, but I wanted to get my $6.98 worth.

I like that the director tried something different, but I think the setup would've worked better as a skit. The three-person cast, limited locations, and lack of activity(no pun intended) made for very dull viewing. The movie is only an hour and forty-five minutes, but it's so slow-paced, it feels twice as long.

No comments: