Monday, January 12, 2009

Kantri(2008)

This is just an excuse to post something until the movies I ordered last week arrive.

I started to watch this a few days ago. What little I saw was pretty good. I liked NTR Jr's intro. I wish he had been this size when he did Rakhee, because he's not a bad-looking guy, but his girth in that film was a turn-off. Anyway, all was reasonably well until Hansika Motwani showed up. There was just something about her and her overly made-up face that triggered my "Ugh!" reflex. (Aside: Why does someone so young wear so much makeup, anyway? If the intent is for her to look older, it worked, because if I didn't know any better, I'd swear she was at least 26. But I'm digressing.) I found her screen presence too irrritating to continue watching. But I'll try to give it another look-see, because Tanisha(younger sister of Kajol) is also in it, and I like her. I don't think her part is very big, however.

No comments: