Friday, June 5, 2009

Raja(2002)

One of the reasons I've been trying to convince myself to buy this is because of Raasi/Manthra's item number(which is dumb, because I can just watch it on YouTube). The other reason is because of the Ajith-Jyothika pairing, even though Ajith looks aged and bloated, and Jo, while very pretty in her intro scene, looks not-so-great in the songs. And, judging from the parts I've watched online, they don't share a lot of screen time, either. Still, there's a part of me that thinks I "should" get it, just because it's an Ajith movie. However, I have a feeling that if I do, I'll hate myself in the morning.

ETA 07/14/09: This is why I liked Raja:









I LOVED the smooching scenes with Ajith and Priyanka Trivedi. I thought they were hilarious and hot. I adore Jo, but I preferred the Ajith-Priyanka pairing and wish they had remained together. I was seriously sad when her character got bumped off, because I felt she was the best part of the movie. In fact, I wish the entire film had revolved around just the Raja-Priya-Priya mistaken identity love triangle. Sonu Sood was a wasted character. He was only there because of the "need" for a villain. It was so anticlimatic to watch him get defeated in the end. And I wasn't feeling Ajith's sudden change of heart towards Jo. In my rewritten scenario, after saving her from Sonu, he gently turns her down and continues to pine for Priyanka.

Priyanka. She rocked in her role. She totally stole the show from Jyothika. But as a nod to Jo, I'll say that I thought she looked pretty, and I enjoyed watching her haze Priyanka.

No comments: