Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Kayva's Diary(2009)

No, I haven't seen this, but my hopes of patiently waiting for the DVD to get marked down to $4.99 have been dashed. When I read this review I thought, "OMG! So-bad-it's-good territory!" Any review that suggests I might need "intensive therapy" for being interested in "screechy women, catfights, [and] painfully happy families" makes me wanna rush out and watch the movie, just to see how awful it really is. But then I read this review and I was like, "Oh, it's a remake of The Hand That Rocks The Cradle." I thought that film sucked, mainly because of my irrational dislike for Rebecca DeMornay. I'm in no hurry to watch the Tollywood version, even if it does star Charmi.

Then again, it does star Charmi, and the last movie of hers I saw was Nee Thodu Kavali, and that was a few months ago. (I might have to watch it again, just to refresh my memory.) Even if her acting isn't up to par, she's still an improvement over whatsherface. Maybe there's hope after all, especially if I can find it online first; that way, I'll know for certain whether or not I want to spend even $4.99 on it.

No comments: