Wednesday, February 25, 2009

James(2005)

This used to be one of my favorite mindless flicks. But it's been so long since I last watched it, I've forgotten most of it. Let's see: Mohit Ahlawat, man of two facial expressions, comes to Mumbai and lands a job as a club bouncer. Nisha Kothari is a model who's being pursued by some goon who makes nasty calls to her cell phone. Mohit and Nisha meet at the gym. She goes to the club where he works and is harrassed by the aforementioned goon. IIRC, Mohit beats him up and gets fired. As he's walking down the road, Nisha catches up to him in her car and offers him a lift. There are a couple songs that focus mostly on Nisha's legs, butt, and midsection. (Her intro song is filmed in the same manner.) Something else happens. There's a church, there's running, there's Mohit beating up goons in the middle of the street. Something else happens, part two. Nisha throws herself off a cliff. Something else happens, part three. Mohit bashes up the bad guys in the rain. The end.

Granted, I left out a lot of stuff I didn't remember, but I believe that's the gist of it. I may have to dig out this movie from wherever I have it stashed and view it again. I rather enjoyed the "No real plot? No problem!" approach. I tend to favor movies that don't require me to really think about what I'm watching.

ETA: I believe this was remade(?) in Telugu as Shiva(or maybe it was actually in Hindi, but dubbed in Telugu. I don't know. The DVD I have is in Telugu). This time, Mohit is a cop and Nisha is a reporter. I don't remember anything beyond that except I didn't like it as much as James.

No comments: