Monday, February 23, 2009

Once More(1997)

I think I enjoyed the clips from Iruvar Ullam more than the actual movie. **chuckle** I was so intrigued by what I saw, I checked to see if it's on DVD. Unfortunately, it's not; it's available on custom VCD only. **pout** Do I want to spend $20 to watch the rest of the film? I don't know.

As for the movie itself, it was watchable, a nice timepass. It was funny seeing Vijay with long hair and that thick moustache. Ironically(?), he looks younger now than he did ten years ago. Simran was her usual gorgeous self. Her hairstyle and the dress she wore in her intro scene reminded me of Karishma Kapoor's look around that time. I wish a different dubbing artist had been used, though. That breathy, girlish voice did not suit her.

Thanks to those Iruvar Ullam snippets, I've developed an interest in Sivaji Ganesan and B. Sarojadevi. I'd like to check out some of their earlier films, provided I can find them on DVD or VCD. I feel like I'm missing out by not watching movies prior to 1970.

No comments: