Thursday, October 8, 2009

Short takes, pt.12.

AKA "The Madhuri Dixit edition, in 25 words or less."

100 Days(1991) - Her acne was at its worst, but she managed to look pretty in spite of it. Decent timepass.

Anjaam(1994) - I finally got the hype about her looks. Great hair and wonderful smile. Loved the ending.

Beta(1992) - The "Dhak Dhak Dil Karne Laga song was about the only thing I liked, aside from Madz herself.

Dayavan(1988) - I got this only for the smooch scene.

Deewana Mujh Sa Nahin(1990) - In this day and age, she would've filed a restraining order instead of marrying her stalker ardent fan. The first song is cute and bouncy.

Devdas(2002) - Pretty to behold, but too melodramatic for even overly melodramatic me. Watched it only for Madz.

Hum Aapke Hain Kaun!(1994) - I didn't make it past the first half-hour but IIRC, Madz made an entrance on roller skates.

Kanoon Apna Apna(1989) - I remember thinking how skinny her legs were in this song. I also remember **ahem** a couple of other things.

Khal Nayak(1993) - To be honest, I watched only the "Choli Ke Peeche" song. My Shemaroo disc refuses to let me cap it.

Koyla(1997) - SRK's mullet = love, Madhuri = gorgeous. Best of all, my Video Sound DVD didn't skip OR freeze. How often does that happen?

Phool(1993) - Flashes of certain scenes are dancing in my head but overall, I'm drawing a blank. Pic quality on Baba disc sucked.

Prem Pratigyaa(1989) - I remember thinking it was pretty good, but that's it.

Raja(1995) - Madhuri's presence made this very mediocre film watchable.

Sangeet(1992) - This number was an eye-opener. I recall thinking Madhuri was good in her dual role, but not much else.

Tezaab(1988) - The "Ek Do Teen" song is catchy. Too bad my (Video Sound) disc froze at chapter eight.

No comments: