Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hawas(2004)

"Delightfully sleazy" is how I summed up this movie after I watched it the first time. It used to be one of my fave "so-bad-it's-good" flicks, but then it fell by the wayside and I forgot about it until a few days ago, when I rewatched it. I had been reading a UAE culture guide and remembered that this was filmed in Dubai, so I gave it another look-see, for old time's sake. I think I've become more jaded than usual, because I found it somewhat less entertaining than before. Tarun Arora wasn't quite as visually appealing; the unintentional hilarity wasn't quite as amusing; the songs didn't sound quite as catchy("Alla Miya" is still my jam, though). On the plus side, I found Shawar Ali a lot more attractive than I did initially. He looked so good, I almost wished he were my husband.

Back in the day, I preferred Hawas to Murder. Now, I think I somewhat agree with the reviewer who said that Murder was the better Hindi version of Unfaithful(which was alright, but overall, I felt it was just a Lifetime movie with sex and nudity).

No comments: