Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jay Jay(2003)

Somewhere along the line, I learned to hate Madhavan. Okay, maybe "hate" is too harsh a word. How about "strongly dislike"? Anyway, there was a time, long ago, when I actually liked him. But now, for reasons unknown, I can't stand him, as evidenced by my inability to make it past the first few minutes of this flick. Every time I try to watch it, I give up by the time this song starts. I can't believe this is the same Madhavan I found attractive in Priyasaki. I can be so fickle with my affections, sometimes. **sigh**

Back in the day, I wanted to see this solely because of Nisha Kothari. It was her Tamil debut, and as I mentioned in this post, I have a "thing" about watching the screen debuts of the actors I like. At that time, however, the Tamil DVD wasn't in stock, so I bought the dubbed Telugu version and never watched it.

Fast forward to about two months ago when the Tamil original was available from bhavani. I ordered it, this time because of my newfound crush on Pooja Umashankar. Too bad I didn't stick around long enough to see her. If I ever decide to give Jay Jay another chance, I'll have to skip ahead to her scenes. Until then, this movie will languish in the "waste of money" pile.

No comments: