Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kinara(1977)

This is not the month to be me. First the dubbed Tamil version of Prema Pustakam was aired a few days ago on Vijay TV(which I don't have), and now, thanks to a post in this thread, I develop an interest in Kinara only to discover that it's not available on even VCD. As soon as I started watching this video, I didn't care what it was about, I just wanted to hunt down a copy. (BTW, a YouTube poster explained that the plot revolves around "...a [dancer] who maintains her craft despite being blind...") Apparently, it is--or rather, was--available on home video(I say "was" because I didn't see it listed in Bombino's VHS section). And I don't have Zee TV, either, so there's no chance of catching it during a re-air. **sigh**

More YouTube vids: "Jaane Kya Sochkar Nahin Guzra"(I'm guessing it was sourced from a Shemaroo compilation disc), "Meethe Bol Bole", "Koi Nahin Hai Kahin"

P.S. I even checked Induna and Moserbaer and came up with nada.

2 comments:

MinaiMinai said...

I would love to see this one too- it's one of those "classical dance" holy grail movies! It's so refreshing to see some Kathak dance that actually resembles Kathak (and her other dances in clips I've seen from the film are just as fabulous!). Anytamil.com lists a title called "Mausam/Kinara" which I have to assume is a 2-in-1 but for some reason I cannot get it to pull up on the site. And they probably don't even have it anyway because they seem to list every Indian film title known to man without having adequate stock...

lapetitediva said...

I saw that, too, but I believe it was an audio CD, with songs from both films.

...they seem to list every Indian film title known to man without having adequate stock...

That's my pet peeve with Anytamil. You never know if something you order is in stock until it arrives in your mailbox. And I can't seem to buy directly from any of their US suppliers because the couple of websites I found were for general information and not for online ordering.