Monday, November 23, 2009

Aag(1948)

When I first saw this in Nehaflix's "Back in stock" section I wondered, "Why is it $15?" And then I thought, "Oh wait, I can probably get this from Induna for a lot less!" (And I can. And most likely will, once my other order arrives.)

The only reason I have a smidgen of interest in this film is because A) Raj Kapoor was very good-looking in his youth and B) physically, he reminds me of some of my father's male relatives. I don't know what this movie is about, and I don't really care. Nor am I bothered by the possibility that it could very well suck. I'll just act like my father and automatically deem it "good" simply because it was filmed in black and white ;)

I feel like I should acquaint myself with some of Raj Kapoor's other late 40s and early 50s titles, for shallow reasons mainly, and also to have a bit of variety in my viewing habits.

1 comment:

yves said...

Hey Lapetitediva, you're right to like Raj the King - and I don't mind your reason for feeling so, physical attraction; but the movie's also got a fascinating content!
If you're interested: http://www.letstalkaboutbollywood.com/article-21928919.html
cheers!