Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ninaithen Vanthaai(1998)

If only I had known this was the second feature on the Dhanam 2-in-1 DVD when bhavani had it in stock! I could finish watching it online, but I'm old-fashioned and prefer watching movies on my TV, so at the moment, I'm clinging to the possibility that it's available from anytamil. If not, I'll suck it up and sit in front of my computer.

I <3 Rambha, and I <3 her even more when she's swinging from a tree à la Drew Barrymore in the opening scene of Poison Ivy ;) Toss in a sweetly dorky-looking Vijay and it's the seemingly perfect combo for a "Must watch, even if it sucks" flick. One reviewer referred to this movie as "The Tamil Hum Aapke Hain Koun...! without the tragedy". I thought HAHK was boring as hell(granted, I watched only a half-hour or so, but still...) but again, Rambha + Vijay = can't be that bad(and if what I've viewed so far is any indication, it's not).

So far, I found only the "Vanna Nilave" song on YouTube:


Rambha, the star of Vijay's dreams


The rest of the songs can be heard here.

No comments: