Monday, September 29, 2008

Insaf Ka Tarazu(1980)

Zeenat looks great, and gives a good performance, as does Padmini Kolhapure. Raj Babbar is creepy and suits his role. Simi Garewal reminds me of someone, but I can't think of who. I have so many thoughts swimming in my head about this movie, but I'm hesitant to put them all down. I will have to come back to this later, but I will say that I'm glad I ordered this. I was hesitant at first because I thought it would just be mere titilation, and while I feel that it is, under the guise of showing the atrocities of rape, the part about how a woman's reputation, rather than the rapist's, is put on trial hit home for me. The person who is most affected is usually the one whose character is ripped apart. I don't want to go off on a tangent, so I'll end with, "It's not perfect, but I think I like Insaf Ka Tarazu better than Lipstick, the movie it was 'inspired by'."

No comments: