Friday, December 18, 2009

NFR: Katrina Kaif

I've always kinda liked her, even though I didn't think she was particularly pretty or interesting enough to last beyond a few forgettable movies. She's had some hits since then, of course, but I doubt any of those films were successful because of her. A sockpuppet could've taken her place and they still would've made money. I can't hate on her game, though. If I were in her position, I'd bask in the glow of someone else's success, too.

I'm tempted to get Malleswari and Balram vs Tharadas, the Telugu and Malayalam movies she did with Venkatesh and Mammootty, respectively. But I'm not totally certain that I really, really want to see them.

I wish I could've found high-res magazine scans to post, but I didn't have the patience to spend a lot of time on Google, so I swiped these old pics from Indiaglitz.





ETA 12/21/09: Speak of the devil and he/she shall appear. Kat on the cover of the latest Filmfare. I'm almost tempted to buy it, but I know it will be a waste of money.



ETA 02/02/10: I just remembered she made her debut in Boom with Top Chef host(ess) Padma Lakshmi. I wonder if it's as bad as I've heard. Induna doesn't have it, and I refuse to pay $15(+s&h) to find out.

On the other hand, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani seems like it might be an okay timepass. Supposedly, Kat does her own dubbing in this film, so that will be interesting to hear. She looks really pretty in the caps posted in this thread. I might buy the DVD from Induna if/when it's marked down to $5.53 or less.

1 comment:

Louella said...

Well, she was good in Malleswari, also the movie was great :)